Saturday, December 13, 2014

~ "Sufficient grace..."

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Cor 12:9)

I woke up this morning with a nasty belly.  It felt as if the stomach acids were literally chewing a hole clear through!  Some dry heaves, a half a piece of toast and then a cup of coffee (yes, I know, but I can't function without it) and I'm tolerating the uncomfortable mess I've become.  In in this "mess", the enemy thought it would be a good idea to tell me I didn't need to write this morning!

Strength in weakness...yes, that is when I feel him the most.  When I am physically unable, mentally unstable and emotionally stunted, the power of the Holy Spirit intervenes and I am rejuvenated!  I become a viable conduit for the love and strength Jesus talks about!

Find that same grace that Paul reminds us of in the simple things life brings and when the more complex trials are knocking at the door, you will instinctively know that his grace is sufficient!