Friday, December 12, 2014

~ Pieces of life..."

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of grace of God."  (Acts 20:24)

We often feel that we've failed at "life" unless we get a lot out of it.  We Look for recognition, fun, money, success...but Paul thought life was worth nothing unless he used it for God's work.

What we put into life is ultimately more important than what we get out of it.  Doing our best day in and day out, making someone else's life a little easier, taking the extra steps to insure that we don't miss anything...all the characteristics of someone who is living a well-rounded life.  That "life" is only full when we include God in it!  Certainly, he blesses us in ways we take for granted (simply because we "forget" that it is through his mercy and grace that we have what we have - home, job, family), but how much greater the blessings will be when we give back to him what has been given to us by sharing it with someone else!

Which is more important to you - what you get out of life, or what you put into it?