Sunday, December 28, 2014

~ "For Natacha..."

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." (Isaiah 41:10)

Although written primarily for the Israelites (who disobeyed God and were sent in captivity), this verse applies to all of God's "chosen" people.  Christians have been given the right to the promised land through their belief in Jesus and the salvation he brought to us.

When I read this verse this morning, my first thoughts were of my dear friend who has recently suffered a great loss.  Like Mary, her son died right before her eyes.  Her faith is strong, as Mary's was.  Her heart is forever broken, like Mary's was.  But through this event in her life, the Lord is telling her that he is with her (as he is with all of us).  He is her God and he will strengthen her.  He will help her.  He will hold her up through this grieving period.  He has a plan for her!

I can't imagine her pain...I pray I never have to.  I see the power of God working in her, I see him lifting her up.  I see the strength he has provided her with.  I am in awe.  Our lives are at all times in God's hands.  He continues to come to our aid without failing.  We have accepted his life for us and he doesn't walk away.

We can all take a lesson in faith from this woman of God.  Faith that tells her that her son is with Jesus in heaven.  Faith that tells her this was part of God's plan for her.  Faith that one day he will reunite her with her son...in his time.  Faith that something good can come from this pain.  Faith that will allow her to continue to walk the path laid before her and her blessings will be many.

Fear not...God will be with you always, he will strengthen you and help you and lift you up.  He's promised!!!