Monday, December 1, 2014

"Relief..."

"Why are thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." (Ps 42:11)

When you are lonely or depressed, meditate on God's kindness and love.  He will bring you to a place where you can rejoice!  He can and will do things, perform miracles, that seem impossible.

Prayer is not just an intercession to the Lord.  It has a calming effect on you as you do it.  Praying takes you outside of yourself, away from your own pain and puts you in a "one on one" scenario with our Heavenly Father.  That feeling you experience, that easing of your pain, is God comforting you!

Let him ease your troubled and tired mind, let him soothe your hurting heart, let him lift you out of the pit you've fallen into through prayer.  He can and will quiet the storm within you!