Friday, December 5, 2014

~ "Enough..."

"As thou knowest not what is the way of the wind, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child; even so thou knowest not the work of God who doeth all." (Ecc 11:5)

Wisdom alone cannot bring justice.  Everything we have, from wisdom to riches, is nothing without God.

All of my life I looked to be a better person, a smarter person, a richer person.  I had it all at one point, but it wasn't enough.  I was not happy.  The reason was simple...I did not "know" God!  He was not a part of my life (with the exception of the Sunday morning cattle call).  I watched as all the things I'd "wanted" slowly slipped away.  I tried to grab hold of them and keep them from leaving, but the harder I tried, the more quickly things slipped away.

Today, I don't have any more (materialistically) than I did ten years ago.  If anything, I have less.  The one thing I do have is a relationship with God.  Through Jesus, I continue to "talk" to him, just as I did as a child and young adult.  I don't ask to be rich or famous.  I don't ask for a partner.  I ask only that he will continue to provide for me (providing the means, not the actual money) and comfort me.  I look around at the many things I have in my life and I know there are others who have much more.  I don't need "much more".  I am content with what he has seen fit to bless me with.  With God, everything is enough!

Take the time to be grateful for what you have been given, knowing that it truly has been given to you by God!  Give back to him as he asks you to.  Spread his word and his truth and he will surely continue to bless you and keep you safe.  Remember, when God uses what little we have, it becomes all we could ever want or need!!!