Thursday, August 1, 2013

~ "Journey..."

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. (Jer 29:11)

The "Life Application Study Bible" tells us that "We're all encouraged by a leader who stirs us to move ahead."  He knows the plans He has for us.  I love this verse and knowing that He knows my future is often the only thing that keeps me going forward.  

There are more than enough distractions in life to keep us on our toes - for me it's my monster puppy who, every morning, thinks that it's okay to bark at 5am (while I'm trying to write).  Aside from the fact that most of the world is still sleeping (more specifically, my neighbors on either side), it's very annoying!  Then there are those voice mails left for us to retrieve before the first cup of coffee has made it's way into the blood stream...ugh!  

What ever plans the enemy has for me today will be overshadowed by THE plan my God has for me.  Nothing will distract me long enough to look at it and give it any thought.  His plan is the one that matters!

However, "just when I think I'm finally out...they pull me back in", a phrase that only someone who has watched "The Godfather III" would understand.  I will not be drawn back into the waiting arms of the enemy who seeks to destroy me.  I will move forward.  I will continue to walk in the ways of my Father!

A simple prayer, a quiet thought and a glance towards His future for me is sometimes all there is to keep me from caving in.  

I love this verse in Jeremiah - it reminds me that I am spoken for and that peace is within my reach.  The only thing He doesn't share with me is the "when".  I can wait.