Tuesday, August 20, 2013

~ "Going once, going twice...sold!!!"

The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth. (Ps 37:21)

You can tell a lot about a person's character by the way they handle money.  The "wicked" person steals by borrowing and not paying it back (focusing on himself).  The "righteous" (there's that word again) person gives to the needy (focusing on others).

I know a lot of "wicked" people, but I know more "righteous" ones.  I even know the selfish ones who hoard all their money and wouldn't even offer you an empty room to sleep in for the night simply because it's theirs (in other words - they don't share).

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I am, by nature, a giving person.  If I have something that I no longer want and someone needs it (or wants it) - I give it to them.  I do not put a price tag on it and sell it to them - my theory is 'take it, it's yours now'.  Some people would look at that and say 'you could have made $50 on that' - that, again is not how I see things.

God gives me everything.  He provides a roof over my head (be it here or in a tent in the woods), He provides the food I eat.  He does, in fact, provide me with money earned through working to pay for the necessities of life.  He provides me with love and friends.  He allows me to laugh through my tears at times and for all those things I am grateful.  

It's not what you accumulate here on earth, not how big your bank account is, no, it's bigger than that!  It's what you accumulate in heaven that matters.  It's those crowns you have to lay at his feet - that's what makes you rich!