Saturday, August 10, 2013

~ "Reach out, reach out and touch someone (yes, my age is showing)..."

The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him. (Genesis 2:20)

We were not designed to be alone. God made us to be partners and companions to one another. Sometimes we go though life surrounded by family and friends, and other times we sit on the sidelines and watch the world go by. When we wait on his will for us, we are never let down. He provides us with everything and everyone we need. Our situations change throughout our lives. Loved one die, friends move away, some marry, some divorce, some have children, some don't. 

Reconnecting with God gave me the strength to do what I needed to do in my life. I was not happy. I had become a prisoner of circumstances. Today, I am no longer a prisoner. I choose what suits me best (as long as it's in God's plan) and follow where it leads. Sometimes the path he's laid out for me surprises me! Not in my wildest dreams could I imagine what the Lord has in store for me. He continues to bless my life and fulfill his promises even through my own doubts. His hand is evident in every aspect of my life. 

God has a "helper suitable" for each of us. They, like all creatures, come in different sizes and shapes and ages and from different walks of life. They are the ones we call friends. Some of them are closer than others, but none are farther away than a phone call. Reach out to one of those people in your past that you miss, tell them you've been thinking of them and remind them that they are loved! 

Above all, remember that God has great plans for you!