Monday, August 26, 2013

~ "Take time to rest..."

View from our Campsite
And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat. (Mark 6:31)

Well, I didn't go a desert place, nor was it deserted, but it was in the woods, in the mountains with a lake for me to view from our campsite.  It was a time to rest and reflect and just take a break from the world.  I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday with my son, daughter-in-law, one of my daughters and my granddaughter.  We slept in a tent, we cooked most of our meals over an open fire (you know I had to have my coffee in the morning, so yes, there was electric and water.  

I had not been to this particular campground in over 23 years - but even with all the changes, the peacefulness and some memories still remain.  Watching my granddaughter laugh and play and entertain herself was priceless.  Spending time with my kids remembering how it was when I used to take them camping when they were little.  The fresh air, the sun, the beautiful scenery - all gifts from God.  He was everywhere this weekend.  

For the past 8 months, I think I've had only one or two weekends off - one was for a wedding and I don't recall what the other was for.  I missed watching my granddaughter enjoy swimming in the pool and dancing with Elmo at Sesame Place.  I was bitter.  The Lord made a point of reminding me that nothing is more important than He is, and no one is more important than family.  It was a hard lesson to learn, yet an eye opening one.  Life passes by very quickly and you tend to forget the simple things - the important things.

Always take time to rest, eat right and praise His holy name.  Jesus loves us so much that He went to the cross and took the nails for us. Love Him enough to take the time to rest a bit and say "thank you".