Wednesday, July 31, 2013

~ "Oh, the Lord is good to me..."

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. (Proverbs 21:31)

When we wake up in the morning, look at the clock and realize we have but one hour to do what generally requires two, which of those things do we neglect?  For far to long it was the time spent in His word.  Not anymore.  

All our preparation for anything we do is useless without God.  We need His help and we still must do our part and prepare.  Just because God knows how things are going to turn out doesn't mean we are not responsible for doing out part.  It's very easy to sit back and say "no matter what, God's will will be done".  We have to be prepared for what it is He wants us to do.  Often we pray for things yet fail to do the footwork necessary to achieve them.

Today was looking like one of those days.  "Which old post can I re-post this morning?"  None of them!  If I take a moment, the Lord will provide me with the verse and the words to go along with it.  He has given me a great wealth of choices - they are in the Bible.  All I need to do is open it and read.  The thoughts will come and there will still be enough time to do what needs to be done.  Everything else in my day is cannot be anywhere near as important as sitting and spending time with Him - even if it is only for a few moments.  Without Him, I am nothing.  Without Him, I have no purpose.  Without Him, the enemy...well, the enemy doesn't get to win today because I have put on the armor this morning and have already won, regardless of what he hurls at me today!  

Even though the sun has yet to shine it's brilliant light over the horizon, I know it will because God promised it would.  My faith in Him assures me of that.  I know that Jesus will stand beside me today and lift me up when I'm falling apart, comfort me when I am afraid and hold me when I feel alone.  My faith in Him assures me of that as well.