Thursday, October 13, 2011

~ "Why I do what I do..."


Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience. (2 Cor 5:11)

Someone asked me why I get up at 6:30 every morning, sit at my kitchen table and write something that only a few people read.  My response was the same as it is when someone asks me why I wrote a book:  "If just one person finds the Lord through what I have written, my time was well spent."  Here in Corinthians, Paul tells us that this is our assignment - our job, if you will - the persuade people.  We have no secrets from God.  He sees it all.  He knows our hearts and our desires.  He knows what it is we strive to be and what we fight against daily.  

Our lives never stop edging forward.  Each day passes and we can either continue to follow or stand still and stagnate.  For the Christian, there is no going backward.  You cannot undo your acceptance of Jesus.  Once you, yourself have accepted that He died on the cross, rose from the dead and lives forever, you cannot walk away.  He has bound your heart and soul up with His - He has made you an heir.  Sometimes its a struggle, sometimes its easy - but it is always worth it.

I do what I do because I want others to know the love of God, the blessings He has for each and every one of us.  I share my experiences, not for earthly gain or out of conceit - I share them out of love for what God has given me.  Nothing would please me more than to see each and every one of my family and friends come to know Jesus and honor and glorify Him daily!  Having religion jammed down one's throat brings only stubborn loathing and anger.  Yes, some of my postings are very strongly worded (some of God's words are, as well).  There is subject matter I am not comfortable in discussing and there are topics I stay away from simply because I am not as well versed in that subject matter as others are.  

What I am an expert in is knowing what confuses the hearts of those raised as I was raised.  I can see beyond the control techniques, the blatant lies taught and the illusion that only those in attendance will attain heaven.  I know the "religion" and the "rules" better than most and I know what God's word tells us - and that which was taught opposes that which is written.  Man cannot change the word of God.  Dispelling the myths could take me into the next century, but I will most likely not live that long!  I take each day as it comes and write what is laid on my heart (and some mornings I have to fill in the blanks).  

Allow your focus to be on what God wants for you and not what you want for yourself.  He may not ask you to crawl out of bed each morning and sit at a computer and share His word with others.  He may have something else planned for you.  You have to have an open mind and heart and be willing to receive it.  You will not find it if you're busy worshiping other gods.  So, in keeping with what He has laid on my heart - have you committed yourself to His way, to His truth and to His word?  Have you accepted that Jesus is the only way to Heaven?  Are you ignoring His voice within you because you are too busy accepting bribes from the enemy?  Allow Jesus to make your life new, allow eternal joy and happiness to be what you are heading to.  Let Him wipe away all your sins and commit to His way!  Make a name for yourself that is written in the book of life, not the annals of earthly history.  Make it a point to acknowledge Him in ALL things.  Come into His light, walk His path, receive His gift!!!