Sunday, October 16, 2011

~ "Someone Worth Dying For..."


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (Phil 4:6)

I have spent most of my life wondering if I am "worth" anything. From high school, to broken relationships, a failed marriage, the alienation of family and friends, dead end jobs, financial losses, bad decisions - the cry is always the same: "God, when is it my turn to shine??? When is it my turn to be loved and cared for??? When is it my turn to be happy???"

In Philipians 4:6, Paul tells us not to worry. He tells us to turn our worries into prayers. We need to focus our energies on winning the race. Living a Christian life demands all of our energy. We constantly must fight against evil forces closing hovering around us and temptation from within (and remember, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak). We cannot forget the past. It haunts us. We strain to reach the goal because we know that Christ promised eternity with Him at the end of the race! If we stay true to God through it all, He promises an end, a rest and a crown!

We are, each of us, someone worth dying for! We are not "wandering souls" unknown to God. He knows each and every one of us. He knows our heart. He knows our pain and our fears. He knows our wants and our needs. He will bring all things to light in His time. Until then, we wait. We pray. We acknowledge that His will is greater than our own desires. He has told us often that we are worth more to Him than the birds of the air, the flowers or the trees. We are created in His image, so therefore, we are worth more!

Today I will give Him my all. I will rededicate all that I am to Him. I will continue to walk His path. I will offer Him all that I am and all that I have. Whatever life He has in store for me until my death belongs to Him. He is my salvation, my joy, my Christ!!!