Sunday, October 30, 2011

~ "By Your Side..."


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

My Dear Child,

I have been trying to reach you. You have been struggling for many years. It seems to you that your life is useless, worthless. You feel as if there is nothing you can do right. You've cannot understand the natural course of life on earth that occur, by which, you have lost loved ones dear to you. You've hated me for not stepping in and "fixing" your life. You've listened to the advice of those around you who have nothing but selfish motives for their actions. They do not know me. You seriously considered ending your life because you felt there was nothing left for you here.

I have watched you and protected you from the time your mother conceived you. I gave her the strength to deliver you, to endure years of pain and suffering. I watched you take your first steps. I have called out to you time and time again and you refuse to come to me - because I am not as "popular" as the bar scene with your friends, because in doing so, you know there are changes you would have to make. Yes, my child, I know that you remember my laws. You become overwhelmed with fear of rejection. I understand.

Do you not know that I am more than enough for you??? Do you not understand that those changes you fear will come to you as easily as your ability to walk and talk??? I've sent someone to help you with all of that. I've sent a part of myself to lift you up when you are hurting, to encourage you, to change you...all you need to do is ask him in!!! Your mother fought me like you do. She tried it her way for many years. She was as stubborn as you are (I guess it runs in the family). Let go of your fears, child! I will not let you fall! Come to me, my arms are open to receive you!

I want you to remember two things: I will never leave you, nor forsake you and I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I love you,
God