Saturday, November 29, 2014

"Strong in truth..."

"Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving." (Col 2:7)

Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him.  Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught and you will overflow with thankfulness.

When the soil is good, the roots of a tree will grow deep into it.  It will be firmly planted and unmoveable.  So, too, should be your faith.  Firmly planted and grounded in him!!!  But remember, the truth is not always what you were taught, the truth is contained in God's Word!!!  Church doctrine and the Bible are not one in the same.  Seek out the truth and follow that path!

I do not hold with many of the things I was taught, simply because there is no foundation for it in scripture.  Much of what was ingrained in me as a child (because of my religion and my heritage) has been replaced with what I know to be true, what I know to be real.  The foundation on which my faith was planted gave way to a greater, richer soil, nourished by the Holy Spirit in anticipation of my acceptance of God's calling.

What you have learned (be it fact or fiction) can help you discern for yourself the truth and the way.  The Holy Spirit will guide your every step.  Let this season, which celebrates the birth of our Savior guide your heart, help you establish a rebirth in faith and cause you to experience gratitude on a whole new level!