Friday, November 14, 2014

~ "Journey..."

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." (Jer 29:11)

This is one of my favorite verses, however I prefer the NIV translation for this verse: "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

God has had a plan for each of us from before we were born.  He, like any father, wants nothing but the best for his children.  He guides us, cares for us, protects us and loves us.  He encourages us to do the impossible and promises that our rewards wait for us.  He does not send us out into the world alone.  He does not send us without directions.

Know that God has a plan for you.  It is a perfect plan designed with just you in mind.  He has seen how it ends and it is good.  He blesses us daily and offers us a better life with him, through Jesus! Take advantage of the gift he offers!