Thursday, November 27, 2014

~ "In Thanksgiving..."

"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name." (Ps 100:4)

To those in the United States, I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.  It is truly a day filled with love, warmth and food!  Not unlike a great banquet thrown by a King!

We walk into the home where we will be eating and we compliment the host and hostess on the wonderful smell emanating from the kitchen.  We are in awe of the beautiful table that has been set for us.  We hug and we offer each person present a "Happy Thanksgiving" and we reminisce over the year that passed.

I look forward to the banquet that will be prepared in my honor; the one that had been prepared for my mother, my grandmother, my brother, my brother-in-law and all those who have also, at one time or another, sat around my Thanksgiving table.  The banquet Jesus speaks about.  The banquet to welcome me home!

On this Thanksgiving Day, don't be thankful just for the food and the family, be thankful for the right to celebrate it (and remember that there are soldiers who will not be sitting with their families this day).  Be thankful for God's mercy and grace in blessing us with those we gather together with, as well as the food that has been prepared!  Be thankful for all he has given you this day and every day!!!