Tuesday, November 11, 2014

~ "Love unseen..."

"Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory..." (1 Peter 1:8)

Thomas was blessed because he saw and believed.  We are more blessed by having not seen and yet believe!  Well, I may not have seen the power of God and the glory of Jesus with my eyes, but I have seen it with my heart.  I have seen miracles.  I have seen mercy.  I have seen grace.  I know Jesus! I know God!  I have experienced the unwavering love of the Creator!

The term used to describe this phenomenon is FAITH!  It is defined as a belief not based on proof or evidence.  Can I prove to you that God does exist - it depends on how much faith you have!!! Trusting in God, his actions and his promises can be considered a leap in faith!  Whatever you call it, it is, without exception, an unspeakable joy that has not been matched by any other feeling, ever!

Take the time to find the joy attached to believing in the promises of God.  It's not all about going through the motions of a religious doctrine.  It is a continuous relationship with God through Jesus!  It comes to us as a gift that we can accept or reject, but the blessings from acceptance are beyond the imagination!