Friday, November 28, 2014

~ "The reason for the season..."

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."  (1 Cor 15:57)

Ah, victory!  Knowing that my debt has been paid in full, my soul washed in the blood of Christ - an awesome feeling!  There is no greater gift that could ever be given!  With Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas approaching, we begin to think of the gifts we will give and those we will receive.  For me, I have no real requests for presents this year.  God has seen fit to provide me with everything I need and just about everything I want.  Sure, there are a few material things that would make my life a little more comfortable, but I'm not going to be terribly upset if I don't get them.

The season of Christmas, the birth of Christ, is the season of giving!  Give with your heart, not your wallet.  Don't look to outdo with the bigger, more expensive gift.  Give something that you will be remembered for, something unique.  It's not always the most expensive gift that is best!  Look around at those who have less than you and include them in your holiday joy!  Take the time to convey the true meaning of Christmas!