Wednesday, October 24, 2012

~ "When did THAT happen???"

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. (Ps 73:23-24)

I love the Psalms. They are songs of praise from a time before Jesus walked the earth. I can remember my earliest reading of them and it goes back to high school. If you've read my book, it was not a very pleasant time for me. I found peace in the rustic knowledge that God would take care of my enemies by some of the words written therein. I'm happy to say that I have grown a bit since then, both spiritually and emotionally!

It is very comforting to know that I am not alone as I walk through life. I feel blessed to have the relationship with Jesus that I have and only want to make it better. I ask him to "empty me of me so I can be filled with" him. Knowing that he will "save a place for me" in his company when my time comes, knowing that "my chains are gone" and that he is "everything to me" brings me a joy of both heart and soul. He is "everything that I live for" and that he will "lead me with strong hands" as I continue my walk. The music of today's Christian artists gives testimony to greatest man who ever lived and to the one who sent him! 

When we turn our lives over to the Lord, changes occur in us that we are unaware of until we look back. When we face temptations and come through them, we do so by God's mercy and grace. The struggles of life seem to become greater (because Satan is busy trying to break us down), yet we are not alone. We have but one, true God who is everything, does everything, knows everything. We cannot hide our hearts from him. And, believe it or not, he knows that confusion we feel, the frustration and despair as well. He wants for us to want him to be a part of our lives. He knocks at the door to our heart and soul and says "trust me". 

Let your faith be the guiding force in your life today. Know that he has a greater purpose for you and that all you do should be for him. Once you get that part right, there is nothing to fear! Sing praises to his glory, pray for his people, guard your heart from Satan and be honest enough with yourself to know what is from him and for him ~ he'll take care of the rest! Don't let the enemy live rent free in your soul. A price was paid for that already and he doesn't have the bill of sale - that, my friends, belongs to Christ!