Wednesday, October 3, 2012

~ "Legacy..."

His lord said to him, Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things: enter you into the joy of your lord. (Matt 25:23)

On October 3, 1954, Mildred McTague and Nicholas Amatelli began to leave a legacy. I don't know what their early years were like. I do know that they both believed in God and taught me that Jesus died for my sins. I know they were both "born again" and that my mother loved Jesus up to the moment of her death. I know he walked her into paradise. My father still carries his faith with him and God has blessed him many times over. I am a part of their legacy. I also know that when my ex-husband and I began to leave our legacy, we never imagined it would be one of divorce that we leave to our children. God has a plan!

What will we be remembered for? I'd like to think that I will leave a legacy of love - for Christ! I'd like to think that in all my sins that have been so graciously washed away, I could give something of honor and value to my King! I sit here each morning and ask the Lord to enlighten me - to put his words in my posts. I want to hear those words "well done" so I do my very best to be his hands and his feet. I want the world to know that Jesus is my Savior and that he can be theirs as well! 

We are all blessed each and every day! We have a gift that many do not choose to accept! I hear people say they don't need God - they're doing just fine without him! Imagine how much better their lives would be if they truly believed in and trusted in HIM! Take the time to leave a legacy of hope, a legacy of love for Jesus! Nicole Nordeman's recording of "Legacy" reaches into the very essence of what our lives can be if we just give all the glory to God! I want to be that "child of mercy and grace who blessed your name unapologetically". I want to hear "well done, good and faithful one". 

Point to him in everything - give the glory and honor to the King of Kings! Leave your offering - leave THAT kind of legacy!