Monday, May 7, 2012

~ "English Grammar 1 oh 1..."


And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. (Ex 3:14)

I AM.  Two very small words - one very great statement.  Note that our God does not say "I was" or "I could be" or "I might be"...He says "I AM!!!"  Present continuous tense!!!  

As I've said before, Moses was not as delighted as one would like to think at the prospect of doing God's work - he battled with God, made excuses to God, he lacked all the skills one associates with greatness, yet, God chose him.  He did not want this job.  He would have gladly continued on doing what he was doing in his life until it was time to die.  God said "No, I have a better plan for you".  So Moses went.  He did not go alone - for God went with him.  

Anything we do for God, at His command, has been scripted to perfection whether it is perfect in our eyes or not.  What we see as imperfect, God can and will change if it's part of His plan.  He takes us as we are.  He sent Jesus to pave the perfect way for us.  He sent the Holy Spirit to inspire and enlighten us and to give us strength to do whatever we are asked to do.  He does not take our commitment to Him lightly and doesn't say "thanks, I'll let you know if there is anything you can do for me".  From the moment we accept Jesus into our hearts, we are commanded in all things.  Every facet of our being cries out to be and do just who and what God asks.  When we don't listen to the voice of hope, we become uncomfortable in our own skins.  When we "slack off", there is an element of shame that seeps into our minds, causing us to fall on our knees as repent once again and to continue on in His benevolence.  

It doesn't matter that you've spent a life time following other gods (money, pleasure, imagined happiness) - God wants you and He'll take you as you are, and even train you!  He reminds you that the hours are long, the pay is slim at times and the work can sometimes seem like you've accomplished nothing...all while achieving one greater accomplishment than you could have ever imagined.  You have become one with the Spirit of God and He lives in you and you are His.  

Don't worry that you won't have the right words to say - God will give them to you as needed (He does it with me every morning).  Don't worry that you won't have the finer things in life - you will have all you need.  Don't worry that people will laugh at you, "unfriend" you, or ridicule you for your choice to follow - they did that to Jesus and that all turned out okay.  Stop being part of the problem and become part of the solution.  Stop complaining about where the world is headed (it WILL end) - you're wasting time and breath that could be better spent praising God!  Be a warrior in the army of God!  Pray, praise and rejoice in His Word!!!  Lift up everything within you to the great I AM...He waits patiently for your answer.  

As He so powerfully said to Moses, He says the same words to you with the same great statement - I AM!!!