Tuesday, May 15, 2012

~ "Crossing the bridge..."


Knowing therefore the fear of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences. (2 Cor 5:11)

We all have fears - some of us are afraid of the silliest things (at least they are silly to others).  I have my own quirky little stresses that wind me up and send my nerve endings into another dimension.  I also have a very healthy fear - fear of the Lord!   In all that I have to do in this life, I know it will end, eventually.  I am stressed today beyond what is "normal" for me - it's been that way for some time now.  The simplest little things cause me to want to crawl into a hole and pull the earth in after me.  I cannot.  I struggle and sweat through it knowing that one day this will all end.  Its very hard to explain that to someone who doesn't understand the simplicity of "routine" and the chaos it creates when it is disrupted.  

So many things cloud our consciences.  Everyday life often takes us to places we'd rather not go and creates in us feelings we'd rather not have.  Only through constant contact with God can we ever hope to be quieted in our thoughts and fears.  Sometimes that "constant contact" vanishes without warning - He has not moved - we have.  How do we get back there?  How do we return to the path we once walked?  How do we let go of everything that is pulling us away from Him?  How do we send the enemy on his way?  Very simple - we walk to the cross...

When you walk to the cross and lay your burdens down - leave them there.  You, unlike Pilate who washed his hands with water after handing Jesus over to be crucified, are washed in the blood - that blood is your salvation!  It didn't come cheap.  There is nothing else that will save you from an eternity away from Him!  It is not something you can buy, nor can someone get it for you, and you can't get it by any means other than acceptance of that one, life-giving gift!!!

Let that love that Christ showed that painful day on a hill outside of Jerusalem come to you and calm the storm within.  The judgement passed that day is what built that bridge between us and God!  Be secure in your footsteps - they are planted in HIM!!!  His love for you is greater than any other love you could ever know!  Let Him in - He's waiting!!!  Open your eyes and your heart to the beautiful gift He's giving you!  It's the most perfect gift of all!!!  Accept it - cross that bridge NOW!!!