Thursday, May 3, 2012

~ "Blinded by the light..."


And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me. (Acts 22:6)

Saul was on his way, doing what he did best (torturing Christians) and Jesus stopped him dead in his tracks, blinded him and told him what to do next.  That was the first step in becoming "Paul".  He had a choice, but he saw (without actually seeing) the power that God can and will yield when he wants you to follow.  He may have been a little more persuasive in Paul's case, but drastic times call for drastic measures!  I may not have been "blinded" by the light, but I was certainly drawn into it.

Each of the steps that Saul took in becoming Paul was designed by our heavenly Father in an attempt to show him not only the power of God, but the mercies of God as well.  We are all given the opportunity to see the power of God and we all are given the choice as to whether we follow Him or the enemy.  The life you lead dictates your successes and failures.  If you do nothing, you receive nothing.  If you don't talk to God (pray), He doesn't hear you.  We all have to start somewhere.  

When I began to "talk" to God, really talk to Him, it wasn't the prayers of my childhood, it wasn't through the scripture (because I didn't read it with any type of regularity), and it wasn't in church (because I didn't go).  It was me, alone, reaching out to Him for help and guidance.  It was my willingness to follow and do.  It took a long time for the lights of that runway to be lit up to ensure a safe landing for me.  But since then, since the day my sight was restored, I have not faltered.  Every day I thank Him, every day I praise Him, every day I continue to ask for forgiveness and believe it or not, every day I ask Him if this is the day I can be with him.  No, I'm not suicidal (even Paul wanted more than anything to be with God - but he knew he still had work to do on earth).  My ultimate goal is heaven.  I'm going to see the King; I will sit at His feet and rejoice!  Until then, my job here on earth is to share Jesus with as many lost souls as I can.  

I have pages of names that I pray for each day.  I'm sure there are many who pray for me.  Every day the list becomes longer, the time spend in prayer for others lengthens maybe a second or two.  When I started out, it had maybe ten names on it, now it has over a hundred.  No, I'm not complaining.  I'm rejoicing!  God has filled my world with so many people in need of salvation.  He's filling yours as well, I just don't think you realize it.  If you've read my post more than once, He's looking for you!  He's calling out to your heart through your soul and wants to enlist you in His peaceful brigade.  In time, that final war will begin and He wants you in His company.  It's okay to let go of the facade that you wear around your friends. It's okay to be a follower of Jesus Christ!  It's okay to fall on your knees and ask Him to shine a light on your path and darken everything around you.  Take ten minutes - talk to Him.  Reach out and ask for help if you need to - my laptop is always up!  If you need someone to pray with, I'll pray with you!  If you need to be directed to a pastor or minister, I'll help you find one.  

Listen to the voice that calls to you from deep inside and says to "Come!"  It is the voice of the one, true God - He wants to listen to all that you have to say - so start talking!