Saturday, September 24, 2011

~ "Tears on my pillow..."


I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.  They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored that which I took not away. (Ps 69:3-4)

David cried until he was exhausted and could cry no longer.  I am familiar with that experience.  It happens more frequently than it used to - yet I continue to lift up my eyes to Him!  I trust in God, as David did, to deliver me.  

Some of us are extremely emotional - we cry tears of joy and tears of sorrow without even having to think about it - they just roll down our faces.  Others never seem to shed a tear (alone or in public) - they seem to be hardened (and yes, many of them are, to the point that they view others' tears as a weakness, or irrational). Our tears are always justified - after all, they are an outward sign of an inward feeling (be it physical or emotional) - no one has the right to tell us they are wrong or uncalled for - NO ONE!!!

We all respond and react differently simply because we are all different.  What one person finds devastating, another will shrug off and move on.  Telling someone their tears are "ridiculous" is ignorant.  Don't get caught in the trap of thinking these people are full of self-pity - most often, they are filled with emotions they do not know how to express any other way.

If God did not want us to cry, He would not have equipped us with tears!  Jesus cried (He wept - John 11:35). Tears are nature's way of cleaning impurities from our eyes, and God's way of cleansing the soul.  There are no tears cried in vain - all are seen and felt by the Father!  As David was mocked, insulted and humiliated, his tears fell.  He still prayed.  We may feel completely beaten down, we may want to give up hope, we may sob into our pillows every night - but it's when our situation seems hopeless, God will hear our prayer and He will rescue us.  When others reject us, we need God the most - don't turn your back on your most faithful friend!!!