Thursday, September 29, 2011

~ "Living in sin..."


Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin. (Rom 3:19-20)

The last time I was accused of doing something wrong, I reacted in total disbelief of what I was hearing.  I could not utter a word.  I was appalled at the comments being spit at me by someone who felt I "did him wrong" because I chose to not involve myself in a relationship with him.  I knew he was not sent to me by the Lord (because he does not know the Lord) and his idea of a relationship was co-habitation as opposed to marriage.  Even after I tried to explain to this man that this would not "work" for me, that I was committed to what the Father tells me is right and wrong, he persisted.  He could not seem to understand that everything that I do must be in obedience to God's word. I stopped taking his calls.  Recently, I felt bad that I had abruptly disconnected myself from him and called to try to explain (and see if maybe he's come to know the Lord in the time that had passed).  He called me a phony and a liar and felt that no pastor would tell me that what he desired for a relationship was wrong.  Still standing in the kitchen in shock, I hung up the phone.   Now the enemy has decided to taunt me with this.  He'd like me to believe that I was everything this man said that I was.  I remind him that God has forgiven me for anything I did wrong, but I do not apologize to anyone for my actions that uphold what He has decreed to be in accordance with His law!

The Bible tells us that we will stand hushed and guilty before God.  There will be no excuses or arguments left.  We must all reach the point with God where we are ready to "hang up" our defenses and await His decision.  We must admit our sins (as hard as that might be) to Him.  If you haven't accepted Jesus, do so now.  Stop and admit your sins, ask Him into your heart and begin to walk the path of the righteous.  Once that is accomplished, there is hope!

In verses 20 and 31 (Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law), we see the functions of God's law.  The law shows us where we go wrong.  The commandments remind us that we are helpless sinners and that we must come to Jesus for mercy.  The "moral code" we find in the law guides our actions.  We must uphold God's moral standards if we are to walk the path He's laid before us.  We do not earn salvation by keeping the law.  No one except Jesus ever kept or could keep it perfectly.  We please God when we conform to what He has reveal to us.  Jesus paid the price for our sins.  The price of sin is death.  We have been redeemed.  We have been found "not guilty".  God has wiped away our sins as though they never happened.  

If you continue to live in sin, how can you be forgiven?  You may be able to justify it to family and friends, but not to God.  It's time to make right the sins of your past and your present, acknowledge them, stop committing them and move forward with Jesus beside you!  Give God something to be pleased about in how you live your life!!!