Friday, October 10, 2014

~ "Who moved???"

"I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved." (Ps 16:8)

I keep the Lord with me at all times. He is in my heart and soul.  He guides me and he comforts me.  I stand firmly on the foundation he has designed for me.

Life often challenges us in ways that test our faith, question our competency, and prove our worth.  It is not the reflection of a heavenly confrontation, nor are we being protested against.  Outside influences (other people) often cause dissention and embroilment in our lives.  We are constantly at risk of being "thrown under the bus" by co-workers, acquaintances or even strangers desperate to be acknowledged in a good light.  The Lord has no such desires.  His love is unconditional.  His desires for us never change.  He is always there, even when we aren't.

There's an old saying when it comes to a relationship with God:  Who moved???  God never changes.  His word, his truth, he commandments remain unchanged forever.  He is steadfast and unmovable - so, who moved?  It's safe to say that we are the ones who move in and out of the presence of God.  We are the ones who fail to pray, fail to lean on our faith or just fail to reach out to him for guidance.
Don't allow yourself to be moved by any force.  The enemy has a million and one tricks up his sleeve and he is, without a doubt, a most cunning adversary.  Stand with your feet firmly planted in God's mercy and love and do not be moved!