Wednesday, October 8, 2014

~ "A strong foundation..."

"Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength..." (Isaiah 26:4)

Our rock.  Our foundation.  Our shelter in the storm.  Why is it that we seem to trust humans more often than we should?  Why do we not put our complete faith in God?

There are a thousand answers for those questions, but the answer to each one of them is simply lack of faith.  We can say we have faith, we can say we believe, but do we?

What do you do when you have done all the footwork required of you...when you can think of nothing else to do?  Example:  I need a job.  I pray.  I search the internet for anything and everything I could possibly do.  I pray some more.  I receive email after email telling me the company has gone with someone else, "but thanks for applying".  Do I give up and become homeless?  No.  I pray some more.  I talk to neighbors.  I talk to strangers.

The job will come.  That's faith!  Not giving up, not giving in.  It may not be what we want, but it will be exactly what we need.  Gone are the days of "sticking it out" in hopes that you will get more hours.  Being proactive in the workforce today is the only way to succeed.  The same is true for your spiritual well-being.  Hoping that God will hear your prayer is fine, knowing he has heard your prayer and will bless you is faith.  Thinking "well, he's given me this" is also fine, knowing he has a bigger and better plan for you if you ask is faith.

Sometimes we become tired of asking the same thing over and over again.  Sometimes we think the answer is no.  That's could be true for some things, but not for others.  Discerning his voice comes from knowing his word.  The only way to know his word is to read it.  If we don't read, we can't know, and if we don't know there can be no faith.  Trust that he will be that rock, that shelter in the storm.  Have faith that he will provide for your needs.  Don't give up, give praise!!!