Sunday, October 26, 2014

~ "Blessings taken for granted..."

"I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.  Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live."  (Ps 116:1-2)

He certainly hears our prayers, there is no doubt about that!  He hears our prayers, feels our pain and understand our desperation.  He knows just how much we can handle both physically and emotionally.  He never gives us more than we can handle.  We serve a benevolent God!

Our Heavenly Father also gives us the time to see just what it is we are asking for.  He offers us glimpses of a past riddled with sin and pain.  He offers us the opportunity to relive some of what we "thought" we wanted.  He reminds us of the bad decisions we've made (lovingly reminds us) without consulting him.  In all of this, his perfect plan still shines through!

All the experiences we gain throughout our life (all of them, not just some of them), prepare us for the experiences yet to come.  Who knew that a job I had 30 years ago could prepare me for one I was considering taking this past month.  Not only was the skill there that would be needed for the production part of it, but the feelings that came with it returned as well.  The Lord had "delivered" me from that nightmare once...did I really want to return to it?  Patience and prayer serve as the catalyst to the past as well as the future.

There are many, many other areas where we try to repeat history (and not in a good way).  Learning that when God says "no" there is a very good reason takes time to understand, time to accept and constant communication with him to abide by.  There is no greater source of strength and comfort than him!

Take the time to allow him to work in your life, to prepare the blessings he wants so much to give you, to find what is perfect for you and you alone.  Be willing to accept his blessings even if they don't appear to be blessings at all - in the end, everything the Lord gives us is a blessing when we come to the acceptance of his will for us!