Monday, October 20, 2014

~ "Open sesame..."

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."  (Acts 4:12)

We can only be saved through Jesus.  It's that simple.  Praying to Mary, or dead saints will not get us in the door.  Church leaders who insist otherwise have not read the Word of God, nor do they have the power to decree it to be so.  Jesus, and only Jesus, is our way to heaven.

I was never one for liking the chain of command.  Yes, I bucked the system every chance I got, mainly because I didn't trust anyone but the boss.  There were a few in all my years that I could go to, but they all had selfish reasons for listening and did nothing to alleviate the problem.  I learned early (and outside of what I was taught) to go straight to the top.  I talk to God, and I pray through Jesus.  Yes, they are one in the same.  Yes, they are all-powerful.  When it comes my time, however, there is only one who will stand beside me and vouch for my salvation - Jesus.

Don't look for answered prayers from a body that cannot answer your prayers!  Don't spend your time in a litany of repeated, incompletely constructed "prayers" that do not convey all the needed components of a prayer.  Pray from your heart, pray through Jesus.  Pray for courage and strength, for his will and his blessing.  Remember to thank him for dying and saving your soul.  Remember to be earnest.  Remember that it is he, and he alone you need to go to.

There is only one name given to open the door, or the gate of heaven - that name is Jesus!