Wednesday, March 21, 2012

~ "He reigns..."


But the LORD shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment. (Ps 9:7)

I was asked a question last night that I wasn't quite sure how to answer.  The question was "why are you so religious?"  Ironically, I don't see myself as "religious".  

What I do and how I live my life are as natural to me as leaves are to a tree.  It's just the way it is.  Some people tell me I'm "obsessed" with God - not a bad thing in my opinion.  Some people just don't want to be bothered with me (and that's okay too).  Some people are curious as to what exactly it is that I have now that I didn't have 5 years ago.  Some people want what I have but don't want to surrender anything in order to achieve it.  Some people just don't care.

When all is said and done, when the final judgement comes, I will be (without any doubt) standing before my Creator with the Prince of Peace standing beside me telling the Father "I know her, she knows me and her debt has been paid - see the scars in my hand - although she put them there, she is forgiven."  

I don't recall who said it and in what context it was said but the practice of being indebted to the person who saves your life, in this particular instance, is appropriate.  Jesus died on a cross for me, thus "saving" me from the fires of hell.  He has, in fact, saved my life!  There is nothing I would not do for him.  He has given me the same gift he offers to everyone!   All he asks is that I serve him!  

When judgement comes, will you be able to stand tall in the shadow of Jesus?  Will he tell the Father that he knows you?  Will he shield you from the destiny that it rightfully deserved?  My prayer is that each person who reads this post who has not already dropped to their knees and asked Jesus into their heart will do so.  My prayer for those who have been humbled before the King of Kings will continue to look to him for everything.  I am "religious"  simply because he calls me to be!  This man, Jesus, has loved me for a very long time.  I could never love him nearly as much!  So I will continue to pray, lift my hands in praise and share with everyone (be it through words - spoken or written, or through actions) what he has done for me and what he can do for you!  

I hope that this answers the question as to "why".  You can still enjoy the pleasures of this world (to an extent and with definite limitations) if you belong to the body of Christ!  I don't love Jesus out of fear of dying and going to hell.  I love him simply because he is who he is - my KING!