Monday, March 5, 2012

~ "God said 'GO'!!!"


Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt. (Ex 3:10)

Moses made excuses to God as to why he couldn't go to Egypt and liberate the Israelites.  God reassured him that he was, in fact, the right man for the job!  He reminded Moses that he did not go alone.  Moses felt he could not adequately explain who the great "I AM" was.  God told him he would give him the words.  "What if they don't believe me?"  No worries there either - God cannot be intimidated.  And finally - Moses was not an eloquent speaker and asked God to send someone else.  

It's a good thing that God is slow to anger with all of us when we make excuses to try to get out of doing something.  What if Moses had refused God and said "no, absolutely not."  How many people have refused God and missed out on so many wonderful opportunities in life?  

I am nothing without God's hand.  The same hands that molded me in the womb are the same hands that guide me, inspire me and use me for the good of his people.  He gives me the words I need each and every morning.  He listens to my prayers in the quietness of the night.  He wraps his arms around me and holds me when I am trembling.  He lifts me up when I can no longer stand.  He carries me when I can no longer walk!  He has a plan for me.  

I think it is safe to say that Moses went "kicking and screaming" into Egypt.  He was perfectly content to stay where he was and blend in.  He did not have a desire to stand out.  His journey was long and hard but he was not alone - he was never alone!  All the promises that God made to Moses were fulfilled.  He led the Israelites safely out of Egypt.  We, too, are called to do something for our Lord.  We, too, are called to witness.  "But I wouldn't know what to say."  No worries there either - God will give us the right words!  

Stop looking at yourself through the eyes of terror, inferiority or just plain laziness.  Look at what Jesus wants to do through you!  Stop making excuses and look to the Lord to give you the right words and a peaceful spirit.  Plant the seeds you are called to plant - someone else will do the watering.  Know that you do not go alone - you have the greatest traveling companion with you at all times - and he's promised not to leave you!  Go!