Friday, March 9, 2012

~ "The fool's game..."


Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say thou unto them that prophesy out of their own hearts, Hear ye the word of the LORD; Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing! (Ez 13:2-3)
I had a rather disturbing dream last night, only to wake up and come down stairs and find a disturbing email.  In both cases, I was able to see the enemy's hand at work.  It frustrates me to see the multitude of people who cannot recognize Satan!  I'm sure if they saw a cross town bus on which the destination read "Heaven", they'd board without questioning it.  Their lies are so attractive and these liars assure many that God promises His followers health and material success.  Comforting, yes...but is it true???
Satan wants us to believe anything other than what is written in the Word of God.  He wants us to toss the Gospel of Jesus Christ aside and believe that what his messengers send is the truth.  Anything, not just sermons (religious cults, denominations and the likes), that does not uphold the teachings of Jesus Christ is not from God!  Those who preach them are false prophets.  These lies are intended to entice the people and their goal is to win popularity by saying whatever makes people happy.  They offer an easy road to heaven.
I spent many years in the company of the enemy, and believed that I was following all the rules and would walk through the pearly gates on my way to receive my reward.  I thank God that it was not my time to die when I wanted to, when I tried to take my own life.  I thank God that He allowed all the suffering that took place in my life (and some of it continues today).  Without that torment, without those events, I would not be the person I am today - but more importantly, I would never have come to know the true God who sent His son to die for my sins!
So many people believe that Christians don't deserve to be sick or have illness and that they should be always flush with money and material things just because they believe in God.  I'm here to tell you that is not the case.  Do we deserve an easier life than the Son of God?  DId Jesus have the best of everything?  Did He own a house? Did He travel in style?  Did He buy designer clothing?  Did He die snug and warm in His bed?  He did not!  Why? Because THAT message is greater than anything achieved here on earth.  
Read what is written in the Word.  Apply it to your life diligently.  If what you are being told and what is being preached is not in line with what is written, if there have been rules added to it and things taken away from it, then you need to walk away and know that it is not ordained by God.  How do I know all these things???  Very simple - I read the Word of God!  It is through His Word that He speaks to us.  It is in His Word that we will find the answers.  It is by His Word that we will know Him.  So, put all the other "chachkies" down and pick up the one thing that will open your heart to God!  HIS WORD!!!