Friday, July 1, 2011

~ "Up to my eyeballs in regret..."


Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. (Isa 40:28)

Did you ever have one of those mornings where nothing (and I do mean nothing) seems to be going according to plan??? Did you ever have one of those days were nothing you do is right??? Have you ever felt like quitting all together simply because someone is dissatisfied with something you've said or done??? We all have those moments. I'm having one right now! This verse, these words in Isaiah, remind me that God's power is greater than anything I can imagine, that He understands exactly what's going on in my little corner of the globe and that although I am tired, He never will be! His patience and love for me is so great that I cannot comprehend it. His guiding hand is ever present even when I feel alone. He will not allow the enemy to claim victory over my soul because written across it, in blood, are the words "property of Jesus". My name is in the book of life and, that too, is written in such a way that it cannot be misread, removed or erased. It will not be overlooked.

As we look back down the road we have traveled up until this point, we can see all the mistakes, all the wrong choices and all the bad decisions we've made as if they'd happened only moments ago. Our hearts break over and over as we revisit each of the moments of pain that we have endured. We utter words like "no one understands" or "no one cares" - yet in those words we can take comfort in know that one does - God does!

Turn around and walk in the direction of the Creator. The enemy would love for you to continue to gaze at your failures, your mistakes and your shatters hopes and dreams. It is in that place that he has power. He takes our regrets and replays them for us as if to say "you failure, you sinner". God's words to us are sweet and kind, His love for us is renewed each and every moment we breath His air. Abandonment is something we will not experience. He has something great in store for us when we reach His Kingdom! So take a deep breath and hold on! The flood waters may be rising over your head, but the Son will shine and the waters will recede!