Sunday, July 10, 2011

~ "Perfect People..."


For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body. (James 3:2)

My Dear Christian Friends:

We are not perfect. We are very far from it! The only thing that "perfects" us is the blood of Jesus! We will make mistakes, we will continue to sin, up until the moment of our death. Accepting the Lord into your heart causes change to occur. Our habits must change. Our personalities become softer. Our love for others becomes deeper. Whether we like someone or not, we love the, because they are a child of God.

This past week I have seen some of the most heinous statements and comments made by people who call themselves Christians. It disturbs me! I've seen more compassion from atheists! Shame on you!!! Yes, this morning I am pointing fingers! No, I am not perfect! I've offered suggestions and it seems like no one is listening.

God abhors your opinionated utterances of His children!!! Your anger and the way you are dealing with it are as offensive to God as the soldiers who spat on Jesus were!!! My shock and disbelief in your attitude reminds me that I do not want to be that kind of Christian! YOU are the ones who give the church a bad image! YOU are the ones that people use as a reason to not go and worship God in a formal setting! Your advice to others is nothing more than your own pompous and puffed up, self-gratifying hogwash (yes, hogwash - maybe you can understand that term - it's what remains after you clean pigs). Even your children are spewing ugliness (and no, my kids aren't perfect either - but the exception there is that my children do not profess to be Christians!).

James tells us that our words, our actions and our thoughts come under scrutiny by our Heavenly Father! If one of those offends - the whole body offends! Bridle your tongues - bridle the whole body (and in some cases, bridle the mouths of your children). Start acting like the Christians you claim you are. Start lifting people up in prayer instead of offering them idiotic suggestions and your condescending remarks! Each of us has a hard "row to hoe" and you aren't making it easier by pouring cement on top of it! Worry about your own garden first, and when yours is perfect - then you can go help your neighbor make his perfect!!! In the meantime, pray!!! Pray the serenity prayer that is usually used to open an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting: "God, grand me the serenity to ACCEPT the things I cannot change, COURAGE to change the things I can, and the WISDOM to know the difference."

"There's no such thing as perfect people ~ come as you are, broken and scared ~ and be amazed and be changed by a PERFECT GOD!!!"