Saturday, February 12, 2011

~ "Whoa...I didn't see that coming!!!"


He will not suffer your foot to be moved: he that keeps you will not slumber. IPs 121:3)

With moving day fast approaching, I begin to wonder what my "new" life will be like. I try not to worry, for I know that the Lord will take care of me, but I can't help but think about the "what if's" surrounding my relocation. What if I can't find a job? What if I can't find a church home? What if I begin to fall back onto "old habits"? What if - what if - what if!!! Then a calm comes over me, that same calm that came when the decision was made three months ago ~ "God will make a way".

When people ask me if I'm excited, I can only reply that this move will be "bitter sweet". Yes, I am excited to be within an hour and a half of my daughters, 40 minutes of my son and daughter-in-law and her wonderful family, thrilled at the thought of becoming a grandmother, but in the same breath, sad to be leaving behind some wonderful people, a nice house, a job that I like and "southern comfort" that doesn't come from a bottle.

I also realize that I have had ample time to become firmly planted in his word and that no matter what happens, so long as I keep my eyes on him, God will continue to guide me. He will not allow me to fall into the hands of the enemy and even though life can change in the blink of an eye - God never blinks! The promises he's made are reliable. They are built on an undying faith with an immovable force. The Holy Spirit will continue to guide and inspire me and I will "know" what it is I am being called to do. It has all been designed by him and it is perfect.

I'm sure that the first few months will be challenging (to say the least) but in those challenges I will find the strength to walk forward and he will secure each of those steps. Everything in his time, not mine (or anyone else's). So I will set my eyes on him, keep my focus on HIS prize and all will be right. When we know that God has our best interests right in front of him, it's hard to be distracted! Through faith, prayer, reading his word and hearing it preached, you can know what it is to trust in the Lord! Call on him now and he will not dessert you! You are his child, he will grab up your hand if you are about to fall and he will not forget about you! He loves you!