Thursday, February 10, 2011

~ "Washed white as snow..."


Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knows us not, because it knew him not. (1 John 3:1)

I am a changed person. My attitude, my choice of words, my daily routine, and even my idleness ~ I have taken on a "new" persona. People who knew me before I was chosen, before Jesus accepted me, before God began to use me and before the Holy Spirit enlightened me knew a different "Beth". Some of them preferred that person because I was humorous, sharp-tongued and willing to discuss and partake in the different worldly pleasures with an enthusiastic approach that would surely shake the gates of heaven. I am still humorous but the sharp, cutting tongue and the loud, boisterous party goer have all but vanished. Yes, I still enjoy a good time and I could probably still tell you to make a trip to visit Satan in such a way, that you would pack your bags and look forward to making the trip. The "Scarlett O'Hara" syndrome in me is gone - I don't put off until tomorrow, and quite frankly, I don't really worry about much. When I do worry, I pray. I ask others to pray with me and for me. My faith allows me to know that in all things God will make a way. He always does!

I do, occasionally, find myself at a loss for words and descriptive adjectives that accurately describe the feelings I'm having or the less knowledgeable individuals I have to deal with on a daily basis and when I talk with my kids, I sometimes find myself time warped back to that "authoritative" mother role, but it doesn't last long. The Holy Spirit continues to work in me and helps me to change the things that need to be changed. Sure, Satan tries to distract me, and yes, sometimes he is successful - but not consistently. My friends look at me as if to say "what's gotten into you - you're different". The answer to that is "yes, I am different - I am HIS!!!" How can anyone hope to know me who does not know the Father, the Son he sent here or the Spirit that remains? Only someone who truly knows God, truly lives by the Word, could ever know or even hope to understand me.

If you are reading this, and you have yet to give yourself over God, make that decision now. If you want to have an eternity that is filled with light, hit your knees right now and tell him so! Tell him you are a sinner, that you are not worthy but if he'll have you, you will submit to his will! I've never known anyone to be turned down who has asked for his saving grace with their whole heart! Wait for it, watch for it and in the meantime, study his word! The changes you desire will come...he promised!