Friday, February 25, 2011

~ "Katharos Kardia..."


Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. (Matt 5:8)

I come from a place and time where God was a distant entity that occasionally crossed my mind and going to church was something similar to the Chinese water torture that lasted for an hour and bored me to tears. It was not the "cool" thing to want to go to church - I went because I had no choice in the matter. In all of that kicking and screaming, the seed had been planted. It took many, many years for my heart to be open to receive him.

As I look back on the last four years of my life, the events that caused me to be here had to occur. Every facet of this journey has been preparing me for the next chapter in my life. I did not know that when I started out. The "what ifs" of that time frame are no longer relative questions. The decisions (be they good or bad) were the right decisions. The choices I made have brought me to where I was supposed to be at this place and time. I will leave Tennessee with a heavy heart, but with a changed heart - with a pure heart!

I have met some amazing women here. Some with the strength and courage of David himself. Some with the wisdom of Solomon. Some with the beauty and courage of Esther. All with the love of God finely etched across their hearts. I take a piece of each of them with me as I move forward into whatever it is God has planned for me.

I love my life today. I love the people in it. God has carefully placed each and every one of them in the exact spot they needed to be. He has blessed me with a family that not only needs me, but WANTS me in their lives. He has blessed me with friends who, at different times, are the "load bearing walls" of my life. My foundation is securely and firmly laid in Christ and his love and mercy for me covers me and shields me from destruction.

Reach out to your Creator - find your "Katharos Kardia" and nurture it. Be the person God is calling you to be! Let him lead - give him praise - have a pure heart and you WILL see God!