Wednesday, September 26, 2012

~ "I will not go quietly into the night..."

(photo by Celia Darrigo)
I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? Why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? (Ps42:9)

Matthew Henry writes: "The way to forget our miseries, is to remember the God of our mercies." If we spend all our time begging God to answer our prayer, what are we doing while we wait? 

I've been praying for one very specific unspoken request for over three years now. I've shared it with some, but not many. God tells me to wait, so I keep waiting. It hurts occasionally, but my faith in God's divine providence is greater than the pain. I try to focus on the many blessings he's given me (and not the standard "roof over my head", "food on the table") - I look to the times when I didn't get what I deserved! Those times when things could have or should have ended up a lot worse than they did. Then, I look to the cross. I've been given the gift of eternal life! I am a Princess - the daughter of the King. I will spend forever in the presence of God - what could be greater than that? 

Our sins are forgiven because we are washed in the blood. We have human wants and needs that can and cannot be met sometimes. God knows this; he understands the pain. When people tell lies about me to others, when they refer to me as the "nut job", when they forget to "remember when" - it's okay! God has a plan for them as well! My concern is my relationship with God. He knows me, he loves me, he cares very much for me. I could give him everything I have and it would never make a dent in the debt that Jesus paid for me! All my sins, washed away - every single one of them! How blessed we are to have such a merciful God! Let his love put a smile on your face as well as within your heart! He knows, and he has not forgotten!