Monday, March 7, 2011

~ "Start digging..."


He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matt 17:20)

I sit here in a place (spiritually, not physically) where I never thought I could or would ever be. With my sinful existence, I never believed that I would ever truly be blessed. That was for "other" people. I was content to say "thank you, God" for what I had and never expected anything else to ever happen in my life besides my death. Today, I can move mountains!

Did God change? Did he submit to my warped way of thinking? Did he change his commands to account for my disobedient behavior? Did he re-write the law to enable me to attain perfection? None of the above! What changed was me! Some changes were immediate, some have taken time and some still have to occur. When I invited the Holy Spirt to direct my path, the force that came with that request can change the ocean tides, the directions of the wind and the contour of the land. All I needed was the willingness! In that moment of acceptance, the all-mighty power of God came and washed me clean. Yes, Jesus died for all those atrocities that were my past. His shed blood has made me clean. I went to him and was reborn through him. I have a Savior in my corner who helps me fight the enemy (who, by the way, has been VERY busy looking to trip me).

Nothing is impossible if you have faith in God. The mountains will move, the doors will open and the road will become straight so that the promise at the end of it can be achieved. Ask the Holy Spirit to change you. Ask Jesus into your heart. Thank God for all he has given you and all that he has withheld from you (sometimes, those are the greatest blessings). Have faith, stand firm and watch the mountain move!