Tuesday, December 28, 2010

~ "Lay 'em down..."


How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. (Acts 10:38)

We all have the need for healing: spiritual, physical, emotional. Whoever says God can't heal them has apparently not met me or read my book. God can do ANYTHING! Sometimes his path for you may not include a healing. Sometimes the healing is a long time in coming. Sometimes its immediate. Nothing is out of his sight and everything is within his power.

Whatever comes your way has passed through his mighty hand first. His love for you has no boundaries. Sometimes we have to "pick up our mat and walk". Having the faith in what is promised to us can be tedious at times. We are an impatient people struggling to wait on a patient God. All things in HIS time. The enemy gets in on occasion and disrupts our lives. He knows our weaknesses and plays on them. Once you've identified the weakness he uses to manipulate you, it then becomes your obligation to avoid it! The Holy Spirit will give you the strength if you ask for it. He will guard you and guide you, but you have to do your part! You have to pray and be sincere in your desire for healing. You have to WANT the change!

Right now I'm struggling with a demon of immense proportions - it's name - cigarettes. I have been their slave for about forty years now. It's time to let it go. Without God's help it is not possible - yes, I have tried the patch, I have tried the gum, I cannot take the medicine and "cold turkey" just makes me nasty. I want to quit. I've asked God to remove the compulsion, yet I still find myself standing in the blowing snow puffing away while Satan laughs at me.

I don't generally ask you to pray for me - today I'm making an exception. I'm asking you to pray that the Lord will no longer allow this demon to be a part of my life. I asking for the desire to smoke to be removed and stay removed. I'm asking for a "healing" and I'm asking for your prayers! I want to live at least another 30 years and I want to live it unchained to a pack of smokes. I know that I can do all things through Christ ~ please ask him to strengthen me and take the desire away! I'm asking him to lift me up out of my own, personal hell. Won't you help me?