Thursday, December 30, 2010

~ "But I can't...yes, you can!!!"


Because you have kept the word of my patience, I also will keep you from the hour of temptation, which shall come on all the world, to try them that dwell on the earth. (Rev 3:10)

It is comforting to know that in the end, those of us who have lived by the Word will be spared. But what about those who have not? Many of our family and friends who do not acknowledge the risen Christ as the Savior will be left. That is why witnessing to them is so important! "But I can't witness, it's not something I know how to do?" I said that, too!

On my trip to Pennsylvania on Christmas eve, I was sitting in Charlotte airport waiting for my connecting flight when a young lady sat beside me. She was flying home to Israel. It was obvious she was not going home for Christmas. As we began to talk, I told God "I can't witness to her - I wouldn't know what to say". As usual - he gave me the words. I asked her if she followed "the law" (referring to the Law of Moses). She looked at me and told me she was an atheist. I then asked her if she knew who Jesus was. She said she did, but believes in herself. "Okay, God - now what?" I told her that he believes in her, too. I gave her one of my business cards (which has a picture of the book on one side and my info on the other). She will be looking for me on Facebook, but in order to find me, she has to go to the page for "I talk...God listens". In that short period of time I was able to tell her about Jesus. It was not as difficult as I thought it would be and I wish I'd had more time to talk to her about him! God removed another "I can't" from my life and showed me that "I can!"

We are all given the opportunity to witness to the power of God every day. The fact that we woke up this morning is a good enough reason to praise him! No matter what crosses your path each day, you aren't facing it alone. The Holy Spirit is right there with you, ready to guide you! God calls us to be part of the few - it is only in being part of the few that we become the many! The more people who turn to him, the fewer Satan has to devour. If each day we told just one person about his saving grace, by the end of the year we could have witnessed to 365 people! We don't have to convert them - just tell them God loves them and Jesus died for them...the Holy Spirit will take care of the rest! If you're financially "sound", purchase a few gift Bibles (they're about $5 each) and give them to people who don't have one. Tell them it's God's love letter to them and he wants them to read it. A greater love story has never been written!

Make that your resolution for 2011 ~ sharing God's word with someone. It's probably the only one on the list you've made that has any real value!