Wednesday, September 4, 2013

~ "Gone, but not forgotten..."

For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always. (Mark 14:7)

Just as Jesus reminded His apostles that He would not always be with them in the physical sense, He instructed them to continue on and do all the things He had done.  He left them behind (so to speak) to carry out His mission.  They knew someday they would see Him again and that homecoming would be so sweet!  Did they miss Him?  I'm sure they did.  Did they long to see His face again?  I'm sure they did.  Did they sit quietly still so they could hear His voice again?  The list goes on.

They grieved.  They missed their friend.  But they knew the work He had left for them to do was important.  They were to share His love and promise to everyone they could.  Generation after generation has passed on the love and promises of God.  Many more may follow.  

The enemy would like to distract you from the promises.  The question often is asked "why would God take this person now and not someone else?"  The answer is very simple, yet often is met with a rebuttal - "It was his/her time".  How wonderful to know that each of our stories have an end that we may or may not be ready for.  I am thankful that I had a mother who walked with Jesus and taught me how to walk with Him.  I am grateful that I have a father who continues to walk with Jesus and still, at the age of 83, reminds me that God has a plan.  I have friends who lift me when I'm down and rejoice with me when I am happy.  

God's plan for each of us is different.  Yet there is one thing in His plan for us that is the same - it is to spread the Gospel and the love of Jesus to others.  Heaven's call is a day closer than yesterday.  It may be today.  Are you ready?