Monday, June 17, 2013

~ "Lies..."

They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. (Ps 62:4)

David knew.  He knew the words, the hurts and the frustration.  We don't all fall prey to the lies of others, to the consorting of thieves that try to steal the glory and turn successes into failures.  No, not all of us.  But those of us who do, often have difficulty understanding "why".  I have difficulty understanding "why".  Is it jealousy?  Is it fear?  Are they just mean, angry people?  Do they take delight in making others feel miserable?  And the questions go on and on.

When God is not a part of someone's life - when they do not KNOW Him, they are generally aligned with the enemy, even if they don't know him or believe in him.  They tend to think that what they've learned (the clawing of one's way to the top) is the normal behavior for humans.  After all, they've seen it in movies, read it in books and watched it on the news.  They feel they deserve the best whether they've earned it or not.  And no one deserves better than them.

Most insecure people (insecure in their own persona) believe that the best way to feel better about themselves is to make others feel worse.  Some don't even realize they are doing it, simply because they want what they want and can't fathom any other way to get it besides lying.  They are afraid of the truth. They are afraid of being "found out" - so they lie and continue to lie, building their house brick upon brick with deceit and fabrication as the mortar.  How sad.

I have far too many examples to share, far too many hurts piled up in my vast wealth of experience.  And they continue.  From one day to the next - second guessing my authority, taking advantage of my naivete or generous nature - they lie to me.  They lie about me.  


I'm told I am strong (not so strong as you may think, but strong just the same).  I cry.  The tears fall and the hurt comes.  The one thing that keeps me going day in and day out is knowing that my Judge is righteous.  My reward will come, in time - HIS time.  My days are numbered, as are everyone's.  My God knows my struggles, He knows my hurts and most importantly, He knows my heart.  He knows yours, too.  Hang in there...they cannot lie to HIM!!!