Monday, June 24, 2013

~ "I will not be moved..."

My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. (Ps 62:5-7) 
“If the gospel isn't good news for everybody, then it isn't good news for anybody. And this is because the most powerful things happen when the church surrenders its desire to convert people and convince them to join. It is when the church gives itself away in radical acts of service and compassion, expecting nothing in return, that the way of Jesus is most vividly put on display. To do this, the church must stop thinking about everybody primarily in categories of in or out, saved or not, believer or nonbeliever. Besides the fact that these terms are offensive to those who are the "un" and "non", they work against Jesus' teachings about how we are to treat each other. Jesus commanded us to love our neighbor, and our neighbor can be anybody. We are all created in the image of God, and we are all sacred, valuable creations of God. Everybody matters. To treat people differently based on who believes what is to fail to respect the image of God in everyone. As the book of James says, "God shows no favoritism." So we don't either.” Unknown Author.
We all have moments when our faith is tested.  We can recall some instances more clearly than others, but they are usually the big moments in our lives when it is very obvious that the evil one is lurking.  It's in those small, "it won't make a difference" moments that our faith is really tested!

To know when NOT to say something, or to not react is a true testimony to the rock we stand on!  Biting our tongues can speak volumes!  THAT shows the world who we live for, what we are made of!  

Bring Christ everywhere!  Take his love with you no matter where you go and what you do!  Let others see Christ in you - that's the solid rock I stand on!  His grace lifts me up and carries me when I know I can't do it alone.