Wednesday, June 26, 2013

~ "Along for the ride..."


An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered. (Proverbs 11:9)

Some time ago, I had the unfortunate (or fortunate, depending on your perspective) opportunity to have information shared with me under the code of silence so that I do not continue to be a topic of discussion among a select group of people.  The revelation made me both boiling mad and unbelievably hurt.  Follow that up with a nightmare about my ex and you have the makings for a not-so-good-start to that moring.  My original view was that I could honestly say it was easier to handle simply because these people are not "Christians".   However, as I relieve this particular nightmare (over and over again), that statement offers me no comfort simply because we are all children of God and are created in His image. 

I often write about how we learn and grow through our reading of God's word.  We also have (as parents or even future parents) the obligation to rear our children to respect those in authority, to respect the law and obey it, to not expect the world to revolve around us and to keep opinions to oneself unless specifically asked for them.  I was raised by a Marine - I know I do not have to elaborate on that one - I raised my children the same way.  I'm not one for sugar coating anything (as you can tell by reading my posts) and when I speak, I use as few words as are necessary to convey the point I am making - I could never be a politician (although I did run for a seat on our township committee some 20 years ago).  I don't believe in taking you around the world with a story - I get right to the point and make it clear what's expected.  From time to time I question my inability to add a touch of "Southern" to my "Jersey" - my years in Tennessee did teach me that the tone of my voice is often what puts people off -- even when I try to say it "nice" it still comes out like a "bark".  

So, what do I do?  I look to our Heavenly Father.  I read His Word and in that I find that I am His daughter.  I find that my heritage is one of a blunt, up front and and to the point Father who loves me without question.  The guidelines He lays before me are very clear.  There's no question of what is required of me and my opinion is welcome, but not necessary.  He has the final say, regardless of what I may think or feel.  He knows my heart.  He can look beyond the "rough" exterior and see the true me.  I cannot hide from Him.  He doesn't use a lot of words (there are over one million words in the English language; there are a mere 12,143 in the Bible).  He is a God of mercy and understanding, yet He is a God of justice and straightforwardness.  He reminds me that my life here on earth is short and that I will be with Him for all eternity.  He tells me that ALL things are possible through Jesus and that I have been chosen.

Today is a new day.  It's a chance to step forward and realize all the untapped potential within you.  Strength comes in knowing you will succeed in God's plan - you cannot fail!  Lift your eyes toward heaven and praise the God who gave you life, know that HIS plan is greater than any condescending remarks or the ignorant babble another human could possibly make.  Don't dwell on the hurt, but remember the feeling.  Walk with your head held high because you are a child of the King!  Your life may not be all that you'd like it to be now, but the next life will be perfect!  Guaranteed!!!