Saturday, February 25, 2012

~ "Lord, I need rest..."


Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. (Matt 5:6)
I come from a place and time where God was a distant entity that occasionally crossed my mind and going to church was something similar to the Chinese water torture that lasted for an hour and bored me to tears.  It was not the "cool" thing to want to go to church - I went because I had no choice in the matter.  In all of that kicking and screaming, the seed had been planted.  It took many, many years for my heart to be open to receive him.  

As I look back on the last five years of my life, the events that caused me to be here had to occur.  Every facet of this journey has been preparing me for the next chapter in my life.  I did not know that when I started out.  The "what if’s" of that time frame are no longer relative questions.  The decisions (be they good or bad) were the right decisions.  The choices I made have brought me to where I was supposed to be at this place and time.  
We go through life interacting with others.  Some of those people are such blessings in our lives that we are taken aback by their love and their loyalty.  There are those, too, whose actions and words cut so deep that we can do nothing but look to the Father for strength and comfort.  They continue to take and torment as they always have, because somewhere in their delusional thought process, they do not see what they do as wrong or hurtful, they see only their perceived injustice to the circumstances surrounding them, which, they themselves have created.  
We are told to pray for them.  In our hunger and thirst, we must pray!  We are told we will be blessed, we will be comforted, we will inherit, we will filled, we will be shown mercy, we shall see God!  
Jesus came to die for us so that we might be with Him.  He knows our pain, our struggles, our suffering - He knows our HEART!  “Be not afraid, I go before you always...”