Thursday, December 15, 2011

~ "Which way???"


Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments. (Ps 119:66)

Psalm 119 is both the longest psalm and the longest chapter in the Bible. It may have been written by Ezra after the Temple was rebuilt as a repetitive meditation on the beauty of God's Word and how it helps us stay pure and grow in faith. This particular verse reminds us that we don't always make the right decisions or know all we need to know, but if we believe, anything is possible.

Sometimes not knowing what God has called you to do causes you to question every one of your motives. "Am I doing this because God wants me to do it, or because I want God to want me to do it?" Confused? Don't be! God will show you the way simply because you believe and have faith. It may not be in your time or to your liking, but the way will be illuminated!

Take a lesson from today's verse - ask for discernment of His will for you in all that you do. Don't make decisions based on your feelings - make them based on your faith in Him and what He has taught you through His word! He never fails to point you in the right direction...