Monday, November 21, 2011

~ "Unlimited supply available, offer will expire..."


I will be glad and rejoice in your mercy: for you have considered my trouble; you have known my soul in adversities (Ps 31:7)
 
My salvation, the most precious of all gifts God has given me, carried a high price tag!  It was not something I could have afforded to purchase myself.  It is a "one of a kind" gift, and only "one to a customer".  It comes with "easy to understand" instructions, but "no assembly required".  I don't know if it comes with a "return policy", I have never considered returning it.  My devotion to Christ, on the other hand, is "battery operated".  It needs to be recharged so that my faith can continue to grow.  My faith "fits like a glove" and it does come in "all sizes".  It was "made to order".  
 
When it comes to advertising, we are all attracted to the items that will give us the best buy for our money.  When I was younger, the "gimmicks" would usually pull me in, I'd purchase the product, then find out that it was not worth the price I paid, nor did it do what the commercial said it would.  Today I am more skeptical about the things I buy.  I make sure that what is being sold is, in fact, everything it is said to be. If not, I'm not wasting my money on it.
 
When I do find a "great bargain", I boast about it, brag on it and suggest it to others.  As a matter of fact, I do that on a daily basis!  I have found a bargain so great that nothing could ever replace it, it's "guaranteed for life".  
 
I do rejoice in his mercy!  I praise him and he blesses me!  He has my whole life in his hands, every moment he gives me is praiseworthy!  Sometimes the joy that fills my soul is overflowing!  It is in those moments that I know he has called me by name and he hears my prayers.  It are those moments that sustain me when I am in pain!  
 
We do not deserve the gifts God gives us,  but he offers them to us just the same. Our souls have been "washed clean" and the "colors (of his love for us) never fade"!  Jesus is the "best deal in town"!