Tuesday, November 8, 2011

~ "...the end???"


Then I said, "Here I am, I have come--it is written about me in the scroll. I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." (Ps 40:7-8)

Jesus portrayed this attitude of obeying and serving God (John 4:34; 5:30). He came as the prophets foretold, proclaiming the Good News of God's righteousness and forgiveness of sins.

We all want to do what is right, what the Lord would have us do. We pray and ask for guidance yet, often, we hear nothing. We go where we are led and often feel left alone to struggle. This does not mean that God has abandoned us.

Lately I've been feeling like I no longer have what it takes to serve the Lord in this capacity any longer, yet I still get up each morning and sit in front of this computer and wait. Maybe it's time to stop. Maybe it's time to change the format. All I know is that the words no longer "come" to me, there doesn't seem to be a "flowing" thought or verse that inspires me. This doesn't mean I no longer believe, nor does it mean I'm no longer a child of the King!

God shows his righteousness and faithfulness to his people in his offer of salvation. For a year and a half, I have faithfully prepared and posted words of hope and courage, words of pain and joy. David boldly proclaimed this God's righteousness to those around him. When we feel the impact of that on our lives, we cannot keep it hidden. We want to tell other people what God has done for us. Right now, I don't "feel" anything.

If God's faithfulness has changed your life, don't be timid. Since it is natural to share a good bargain with others or recommend a skillful doctor, then it should also be natural to share what God has done for you. Please keep me in your prayers as I try to discern what it is the Lord would have me do. I ask that our Heavenly Father would make it ever so clear to me, so that there would be no doubts, no hesitation and no room for misinterpretation of His will for me. God has blessed me with a gift that no longer seems to "work". My prayer is that He will show me the way...