Wednesday, November 2, 2011

~ "I serve an AWESOME God..."


Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. (2 Cor 4:16)

"It is easy to lose heart and quit. We all have faced problems in our relationships or work that have caused us to think about giving up. Rather than quitting when persecution wore him down, Paul concentrated on the inner strength that came from the Holy Spirit (LASB)".

I get that way sometimes. I sit in front of a computer and stare at blank screen waiting for the Lord to move me. I do not take a day off. Even when I have a "guest writer", I still have to get up and post it to each of the blog spots and to my web page. Some mornings I have all I can do to crawl out of bed and do that. My "paid" job is physically demanding. Most days I work a ten-hour shift. I do this because I like having a roof over my head. I do this because this is what the Lord has chosen for me. I like what I do, and yet I am tired. I face all the same problems that other Christians face. I am not exempt from them, nor am I exempt from wanting to quit and being persecuted for doing what I do (the Lord's work). It is in those times that I, too, must concentrate on the strength that comes from the Holy Spirit.

To know that God has a plan for us is one thing. To sit patiently and wait for His timing is where faith comes in. When will He move His mighty hand over my life and make it better? When will the exhaustion end? When will I realize all that He has for me? Only when we have completely surrendered all we have to His care, can we hope to see all that He has for us.

"Don't let fatigue, pain or criticism force you off the job. Renew your commitment to serving Christ! Don't forsake your eternal reward because of the intensity of today's pain. Your very weakness allows the resurrection power of Christ to strengthen you moment by moment (LASB)".